Spread The F Word

F Minus is the daily comic strip by Tony Carrillo
Visit www.FMIN.us for more information.
Visit
www.GoComics.com for today's comic.

Oct 12, 2007

Something to fall back on

There I was, working at my desk and minding my own business, when suddenly I hear a loud cracking noise, and the back of my chair snaps off!

Luckily, I have the reflexes of a jungle cat. I was able to grab on to the desk and avoid an awkward trip to the floor.

The first thing I did was call my gym and set up an appointment with a personal trainer under the name "Heavy McFatass".
But when I examined the chair a little more closely I realized that the back of the chair was being held in place by less than an inch of cheap Ikea plastic. I decided to cancel my appointment at the gym and instead go buy a new chair and a pizza.
Actually I've been sitting on the base of the broken chair today, and I think it's improving my posture. Silver lining found!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Lucky said...

Please tell us that you left the cushion on the base of the chair.

Unknown said...

Why would he take the cushion off the base of the chair?

AZcarinsurance said...

three people at my office... THREE have had the same problem. non of them obese... not morbidly anyway...

Lindsay said...

I completely understand. In fact, I broke my chair the exact same day. In my case, one of the wheels broke off after about 30 minutes. It was supposed to be a new chair.

I later saw a broken wheel laying on someone else's desk who apparently had the same problem.