Spread The F Word

F Minus is the daily comic strip by Tony Carrillo
Visit www.FMIN.us for more information.
Visit
www.GoComics.com for today's comic.

Nov 10, 2007

Travel Blog 3

After a disappointing breakfast at Jimmy T's, had a nice walk up and down the East side of the National Mall today. So this is what fall looks like. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever experienced real fall weather. In Arizona we get two months of cold and ten months of extreme heat.
Checked out the Capitol Building and visited the Air and Space Museum, which was great. Favorite exhibits: The lunar command module from Apollo 11 and two nuclear missiles. They also had a selection from the temporarily closed down Museum of American History. I saw some pretty cool stuff there, like Albert Einstein's pipe and the puffy shirt from Seinfeld.
Next we checked out the Museum of Natural History, which had some great stuff, but was way overcrowded. Plus, the security guy was rude.
Walked by Ford's Theater, where Lincoln was shot, and toured the house across the street where he died the next morning. Kinda creepy.
Gonna try to find some good seafood tonight.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ummm...2 months of cold here in AZ? I would say 10 months of extreme heat and 2 months of mild heat! I do believe your cactus comic was the best way to describe fall here! :)

Your posts remind me of when I was in DC...Went there for my 8th grade school trip.

-Coyote