Spread The F Word

F Minus is the daily comic strip by Tony Carrillo
Visit www.FMIN.us for more information.
Visit
www.GoComics.com for today's comic.

May 11, 2011

Mell's Piano

I recently got to visit the home of legendary cartoonist Mell Lazarus (Momma, Miss Peach) who basically invented cartooning, I think. I'm not sure because I kept getting distracted from his stories by this piano covered in cartoons!


It has doodles and signatures from hundreds of cartoonists, including Charles Schultz and Garry Trudeau. When Mell wasn't looking I grabbed a pen.


He caught me.

I drew a small self portrait between Dave Berg (Mad magazine) and Tom Gammill (The Doozies). Tom did a
video about the piano you really should see.

Mell let me finish, then explained that this was why he only keeps dry-erase markers in this room.

Thank you to Mell and Sally for a great night.

(These last photos are from Tom Richmond's Blog)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: