Click here to read the comics from the past month
Okay, I haven't done the roundup in a while, so here's a quick overview of the last month or so:
- July 10th: I brought back the Business Raccoon from a previous comic. I just like his style. Now we find him in a social situation. And apparently he's in a relationship.
- July 12th: Hate Mail! Here's the letter I got on this one:
"The cartoon with the two bears, one of them with a leg in a steel-hold trap, is highly offensive to those of us who champion animal rights and abhor the use of such barbaric, horrific contraptions."
What can I say? I don't like them either. If there is anyone out there who decided that steel-hold traps are a GOOD thing because of this comic, please seek psychiatric help immediately.
- July 15th: There was some confusion on this one. The chimp is NOT SMOKING! He's just playing with matches. Lots of people thought he was smoking. My Nana thought he was smoking pot, specifically.
- July 18th: Is it clear that it's an ear he's holding? I wasn't sure. I made it a little bigger than normal to clarify things. I always enjoyed drawing ears in school.
- July 21st: This calculator comic was inspired by the movie Terminator 2, Judgment Day, which I recently watched again. It has been a favorite of mine for years. Here's a classic exchange:
Lewis, the Guard: Hey Gwen, you want some coffee?
Gwen: No thanks. How 'bout a beer?
Lewis: Yeah, right. Hey, I got a full house!
Gwen: That's good Lewis.
Lewis: Must be my lucky day...
(the T-1000 impales his head)
- July 23rd: Hate Mail! The Manners Competition comic incited some discussion in the editorial page of my local paper. Someone said it was "disgusting". Once again, I am in complete agreement with my enemies. The next day, a few people wrote in to defend me. Thanks, guys! I'm just glad Paris Hilton didn't get arrested that day, or I never would have been a topic.
- July 24th: My mom did NOT think this was funny.
- July 26th: My girlfriend has some sandals with little bows on them, and that got me thinking.
- July 30th: This was another one I was a little worried about. Is it clear that those are those cut-out things you stick your head through for photos? Also someone thought this was a gay couple. The person with the camera is supposed to be a woman. Sigh.